THE COCKTAIL HOUR
This Week THE COCKTAIL HOUR
Rehearsals: 1st – 4th May 1977 at The Sulgrave Boys Club, 287 Goldhawk Road, London, W12
1:30pm – 5:30pm
Walk-Through: 6th May 1977 at Yorkshire Television Centre, Leeds
Recorded: 6th May 1977 at Yorkshire Television Centre, Studio 4, Leeds
Broadcast: Tuesday 8:30pm 17th May 1977
Leonard Rossiter – Rigsby
Richard Beckinsale – Alan
Frances de la Tour – Ruth
Don Warrington – Philip
Judy Buxton – Caroline Armitage
Diana King – Mrs Armitage
Creator/Writer – Eric Chappell
Producer/Director – Ronnie Baxter
Designer – Colin Pigott
Music – Dennis Wilson
Casting – James Ligatt
Floor Manager – Don Clayton
Stage Manager – Olive Simpson
Production Asst – Evelyn Hirschstein
Lighting – John Watt
Cameras – Colin Philpott
Sound – Ian Hughes
Vision Mixer – Jackie O’Gorman
Tech Supervisor – Mike Wilkinson
Wardrobe – Brenda Fox
Make-up – Pearl Rashbash
Asst Stage Manager – Vanessa Ford
Props – Tony O’Toole
Production Buyer – Gil Procter
Scenes – Trevor Hodgson
Call Boy – Tim Dowd
Warm-up – Felix Bowness
It’s back to battle in bed-sitter land with a lowdown landlord and his luckless lodgers in another episode of…RISING DAMP
When student lodger Alan wants to invite his latest girlfriend back to his flat, landlord Rigsby won’t hear of it – until he learns that the father of the girl in question is a very wealthy property dealer who has cleared more land for car parks than the might of the German Luftwaffe! Then he changes his tune in a flash.
But when he plays host to society, his style doesn’t exactly meet with universal approval.
Interesting to note:
- Production# 2883
- ‘The Cocktail Hour’ – 8.05m (2nd)
- Tuesdays at 8.30pm, opposite the penultimate series of long-running police drama Z Cars.
- Judy Buxton’s character was originally intended to be an entirely different person – Angela Armitage – from the young lady she had previously played in ‘Clunk Click’.
- Alan’s middle name – Guy – is mentioned for the first time.
Did you know?
- Much to Rigsby’s amusement, Alan’s middle name – Guy – is mentioned for the first time.
- Judy wore a flesh coloured body stocking during the scene in which she removes her skirt after laying in Alan’s jam butty!
- The toilet flushing was ‘fed in’ during a scene in the first half.
- A cardboard hat with the words ‘I fancy it’ was constructed for Leonard to wear.
- The end credits were superimposed over the “RISING DAMP” caption slide.
Leonard Rossiter #12
Richard Beckinsale #11
Frances de la Tour #6
Don Warrington #8
Judy Buxton #10
Diana King #7